"Holly Stickley of The White Pear designed a dry creek bed for our home to address an ongoing issue of hillside springs eroding the soil. Adding to the difficult slope were our 10 adult blueberry bushes, which were bearing at the time of the project. Holly did a wonderful job of artfully curving the path thru the mature plantings in a manner that looked very natural and appeared to be a natural creek. Below the decorative rocks is a lengthy French drain with multiple dry wells. The final dry well has a smaller outflow that continues the French drain technique to the street. The final section was on the property line, and Holly worked with the other homeowners to gain their satisfaction in the proposed final section. The completed project looks wonderful. People stop and take a look, and some take pictures. We are delighted with Holly’s work. The White Pear crew she used was excellent, and very hardworking. All the rock had to be brought up in 5 gallon buckets, because of the slope of our property. Holly gets a big thank you for the excellent work, and a hearty recommendation." ~ Bruce & Maureen
We love working with Holly! In the design of our garden she was able to take our dreams, must-haves, and plant preferences and conceptualize them into a cohesive design that is gorgeous. The installation crew was very professional and Holly was either on site or in close communication to make sure all went as planned. Two years later we are still working with Holly on a regular basis—fine tuning the design and caring for our garden. Every spring, she designs, sources, and plants our pots. In the fall, she designs and plants hundreds of bulbs for a stunning spring display. She attends to the pruning and fertilization needs as well as the more routine maintenance required to keep a garden looking its absolute best. Her warm personality makes her easy and enjoyable to work with! ~ Jennifer D.
"I have lived in my house for 15 years. Last year, I hired Holly Stickley of The White Pear to design my backyard. I had never worked with a designer before, so I had a lot of questions. Holly answered all of them as she walked me through the process. In addition to utilizing plants and materials that I already had, she introduced me to exciting new plants. I love the serene Northwest/Asian atmosphere the The White Pear created." ~ Peg R.
"Holly is extremely easy to work with. She listens to your input and is not afraid to tap into her extensive knowledge of plant material to make excellent suggestions. For us, Holly was able to create a sophisticated but relaxed backyard environment. Best of all, Holly makes the whole experience fun." ~ Max & Ron
"Our backyard was a mess, and it has been renewed! We had mismatched concrete walls and steps and an old paver patio – all of which were very unattractive and not very usable. We now have a gorgeous new deck, beautiful new plants and trees – it’s a whole new back yard! And, all done very professionally. Even though Holly conferred with us every step of the way during the process, we really felt that we could trust her judgment and suggestions – and we were right. Everything she suggested was perfect. I highly recommend Holly Stickley of The White Pear. We can’t wait to start on the front yard!"
~ Gary & Laurie
• “We approached designer, Holly Stickley of The White Pear for a quick front yard makeover before putting our house on the market. We love the plants selected and the placement of the slate stones throughout. She was able to meet our quick turnaround needs and deliver beautiful results. We just wish we had this done this several years ago so we could have enjoyed a beautiful front garden!” ~ Melissa & Isaac
• "Holly, the front and deck look so nice! Thank you so much for your excellent work and the great care you provide me and this house!" ~ Mark R.
• "Holly did a phenomenal job transforming our patio pots from the mundane to the extraordinary! She created a combination of plants for each pot that took into consideration the size, shape and color of the pot. She is great at mixing and matching various plant colors, textures and leaf shapes to create a "wow" factor. Holly is such a joy to work with and makes the whole process fun." ~ The Northwest Guys
• "Holly, I want to take this moment to let you know how grateful I am for your talents... I went from room to room on this bright and brisk December morning to look out the window at my backyard gardens. From every window I saw nature's beauty and the results of your artistic eye with your minute detail for color and texture selection, plant placement, bent for tidiness, and plant variety. No one can take this talent from you nor measure up to your unique love for bringing to the forefront outdoor loveliness. What a gift - thank you for sharing your gift with our family. Thank you, again, my sister and best friend" ~ Lani
• "Holly, thanks to you & your White Pear team for a great design, great service & implementation." ~ MR
• "Just a quick note to thank you again. I cannot believe the transformation!" ~ Laurie O.
• "Holly, Thanks again for all your expertise... The yard looks lovely!" ~ Laurie M.
• We LOVE the yard. Just got done working in it. Even now (late summer) it is beautiful. ~ Maureen C.
• "Thanks so much Holly! Everything looks great!" ~ Julie C.
• "I love the garden beds! Holly is not just a landscape designer, she is an artist that is passionate about her craft and has created beautiful paintings in my garden. Thank you!" ~ Pam G.